Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lacy scarf & cap

I'm starting to repeat myself but I'm Totally in love with this yarn!
So soft, so lovely..

Here's another set I made few weeks back..

As inspired by lacy scarf by Novita


Yarn: Novita Katri (100g = 160m, 100% acrylic)
Gauge: 14 st = 10cm
Skeins: 0,8 for the hat and roughly 1,2 for the scarf
Needle: 5mm
I used 29 stiches for the scarf and 112 for a loose fitted hat and just repeated the extremely simple pattern. 
Begin the cap with 3 rows of *K1, P1* and decrease when you feel like it ;)

 I decreased the stitches simply by not doing all the YOs on the pattern as I got to the desired height. I only did 4 YOs out of 6 on the first row, then 2 out of 6 on the pattern, etc.. easy-peasy!


I must say, if I had to do this hat again, I'd probably start of with maybe 90 stitches for the K1P1 and add the rest on the last layer, the hat is rather loose.. But it's not too loose so I wont re-do it.

Scarf= 18 x 175cm


2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    am a Raveller and was looking for something to knit up whilst recovering from flu at home. Saw this and it's perfect. Will let you know how I get on with it :-)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, hope your flu goes by quickly, just recovering myself too from a nasty one. Hope you enjoy knitting the scarf, it's a fun pattern and relatively simple too. My only problem was the sides curling, but if you have a better yarn than I did you'll be able to block it nice and smooth. Happy Knitting!
      -sini

      Delete